A Graphical Representation of the UK Cereals Industry
Out of Stock (Express interest in possible new edition)
The fifth edition of the unique UK Cereals Industry Wall Map produced for HGCA by Agri-Food Market Analysis, was fully revised to reflect major changes in the industry since the previous edition in 2008.
The compilers set out to name and classify over 1000 establishments involved in grain handling and processing in the UK. These included:
- Animal feed manufacturers with producers of petfoods and feed supplements shown separately
- Grain mills classified by grain type and size
- Grain whisky distillers
- Oilseed crushing mills
- Biofuel plants
- Straw burning power stations
- Research centres
Separate inset maps show grain merchants and grain stores and the geographical distribution of wheat, barley, oats and oilseeds production as well as the distribution of all cereals farms as officially defined.
The background of the main map shows counties and other administrative areas as an aid to placing businesses in their geographical context.
- Dimensions: 972mm metre x 676mm
- Scale: 1:1,250,000 or roughly 19.5 miles/inch
- Printed on the highest quality heavyweight paper
- Maps are unfolded and gloss laminated and are supplied rolled in a tube
- Published June 2012